I have to admit it...summer is NOT my favorite season. I detest heat, insects, mowing, and sweating.
There are some redeeming qualities of summer, however. My daughter and I love a cold slice of watermelon this time of year. It smells heavenly! I bought a melon and sliced 1/3 of it for us to eat and put the rest upside-down in a bowl to slice up later. The next day I find this...
Uh...waiter...there's a
Guess that needs to be a life philosophy for some of us...When life serves you watermelon, don't take the time to slice it up. Grab a spoon and ravenously DIG IN!
In this theme, I will be starting a cute design by Lizzie Kate, Summer Sampler. It has the cutest watermelon button. I got this pattern and button from April in a swap. She is such a doll.
Happy First Day of Summer!
21 comments:
That looks like such a cute design !!! Looking forward to seeing your progress on it !!!
Donna
http://donnascrossstitch.blogspot.co.uk/
Lovely melon - I could just eat some!
I love the pattern you are going to stitch next, it's very sweet!
Lizzie Kate is always fun to stitch - watermelons in summer are refreshing - we get huge trucks full of giant watermelons being sold on the sides of roads here in Taiwan - that and pineapples - look forward to seeing your start - take care -
That watermelon does look yummy! I hope it is a great summer for you and yours Parsley!
betty
Watermelon is really good but for some reason I just don't buy it that often. Love the LK design. I look forward to seeing your finish of it.
MMMMmmmmm Cold watermelon.
My Rooster hates it, so I buy a nice cut one and Bri and I eat it.
Watermelon is so yummy.
I love watermelon too and that one looks so good!
YUM! LOL Never leave an watermelon alone! Or just know that you will always find the rind is ALL that is left when you see it next.
That is a really cute sampler you swapped. The watermelon button will make it pop. I can't wait to see it done.
Looks like yummy watermelon!!!! I personally like spring the best!
Happy Summer. I don't like the heat either, thank goodness for our in ground pool.
Today it hit almost 98 degrees and tomorrow maybe 100 and we live in Hopkinton Mass, small country town.
After I saw your watermelon I started drooling, I am going tomorrow morning and picking up a whole one for the family!
Cool cool friend.
Summer Blessings,
Tricia
All beastly cold winter I long for summer. But when it's in the 90s, no one wants to be out in it. Even my dogs refuse to leave the comfort of AC.
the watermelon looks very inviting. Somewhere I just saw watermelon lemonade. Doesn't that sound fantastic?
have a great evening. This keyboard is so sticky!
We bought a yummy watermelon today too. We've had 2 or 3 so far this year. Our local fruit stand added a cooler, so now they are selling the watermelon ice cold!!! MMMM! The watermelon picture is definitely appropriate. Have fun stitching it!
Just saw a recipe with watermelon slices soaked in tequila and dipped in coarse salt, a margarita you can eat... wow! Not really kid friendly though!
Water melon is our favorite too
Benny & Lily
Parsley,
I am with you regarding summer, unless I am on the beach. Last night I went out collecting Queen's Anne Lace for a project and on my way back I discovered 'hitch-hikers' covering my jeans I thought they were seeds.
They were ticks -- hundreds of them.
Summer's bounty is delicious. I love cantaloupe. I think it's funny how your 'watermushmouse' hollowed out your watermelon.
Your Friend,
Deborah
FairfieldHouseNJ.com
Nice choice for your next start. Lizzie Kate patterns has the cutest buttons!
Carolyn
Sneaky Daughter!! But it sounds like something I would have done at her age. Totally would have done that, LOL. Speaking of watermelon, how do you choose a good one? We bought one today and cut it and it was GROSS! So disappointed!!!!
You can have my share of the melon; I can't eat it.
Love watermelon and find the seeded ones have more taste!
I luv watermelon! I can eat a whole one (but don't!)
Post a Comment