Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Haunted Barn and EXCHANGE REMINDER

It doesn't happen often but I found something I felt I HAD to have. I saw this haunted barn candle holder at Bath and Body Works. At first I walked away, then I had regrets and ordered it.

I love that it is Halloween without witches and ghosts. It's just a 'pumpkin carving party' at an old barn. Perfect decor for us. My only issue is that it holds small candles that would be hard to find anywhere other than BBW. Surely I can find cheaper candles that will fit?



P.S. Here's a reminder post to all who joined the 'Trick AND Treats Exchange'. Your package should go out on or before October 1. I can't wait to see the funny 'trick' and all the treats in your packages!

19 comments:

cucki said...

I love the house :)

Sharon Marie said...

Very nice. Maybe you can find candles at Dollar Tree or similar store.

Mii Stitch said...

Such a lovely candle holder!! We would never find something like that in the UK that's for sure :) Do you guys have any IKEA store nearby? They have masses of choices on cheap candles... even smelly ones! Just a thought. Take care, xx

Unknown said...

That is really cute. We think it is fun and you can add stuff or not as the case may be. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Best wishes Molly

Gracie said...

almost ready to wrap and send ....

Two French Bulldogs said...

How cool! Love it
Benny & Lily

stellaroselong said...

Oh we likes that...would tea lights fit in it?
stella rose

Sharon said...

Boy, that's really cute. I was thinking maybe you could use those battery-operated tea lights? I've seen some that cycle through colors - red, blue, green. That might look kinda spooky!!

:-)

Jackie said...

Yes...go to the Dollar Tree or a Dollar store (Dollar General, etc.) and get the candles. I would even consider getting the battery-powered little votives. No danger of fire, then.
Hugs,
Jackie

Vicky L said...

I love the house!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely (:

Bernadett said...

A lovely candle holder.:)

Hugs.:)

Jules said...

Very cool barn!

I suggest looking at the Glade product line. They make some wonderfully scented smaller candles that look like they might fit perfectly inside the holder.

Denise said...

I like that candle holder.

Pam in IL said...

I like that! I haven't seen anything like that at our Bath and Body.

Intense Guy said...

Coolness!!

:) I can see using little solar -rechargeable lights...

P.s., read about how you helped Nikki. Thank you. You did something wonderful.

cerato said...

Will be a nice exchange!!!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Parsley,
Love your haunted barn and the fact that it is more seasonal than macabre. When you say small candles do you mean votives or tea lights? You can find both at Yankee Candle. If you don't have a store near you, they are online.
Your Friend,
Deborah
FairfieldHouseNJ.com

Furry Bottoms said...

That looks like such fun! I have a Jim Shore pumpkin that I had to have one year. I still love it and put it out every autumn. I hope you enjoy this buy for many years to come!