Some days, I feel 'old'. I took 3 different over the counter medications and some supplements yesterday to combat my different physical complaints and I thought, 'As people get older they won't have to eat food, they'll just take pills and supplements to get their bellies filled up.'
Here are some more funny thoughts I found on aging. Some already apply to me. You? ;-)
Your try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.
At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.
It takes two tries to get up from the couch.
When happy hour is a nap.
It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.
Your memory is shorter and your complaining lasts longer.
Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr.
The pharmacist has become your new best friend.
Getting "lucky" means you found your car in the parking lot.
It takes twice as long - to look half as good.
Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt - doesn't work.
You look for your glasses for half an hour and they were on your head the whole time.
You give up all your bad habits and still don't feel good.
You have more patience, but it is actually that you just don't care anymore.
You finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
You wonder how you could be over the hill when you don't even remember being on top of it.
Now that I'm older I can multi-task. I can sneeze and pee at the same time.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Well, okay, I'll cop to a few of those!!
BOL! The happy our one especially!
I can admit to more than I care! When did this happen to me?
Oh my lord, I'm getting old and it's not funny any more...
You make us snort with laughter all funny but true. Have a terrific Tuesday.
Best wishes Molly
:)
have a lovely day deary xxx
LOL!! "Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr." This one is so true for me!
Thanks for the smiles! More than a few of those do apply to me, sorry to say!
Hi Parsley, hey.... you have the same things as me, tee hee. Loads of fun, love your post, laughter is good medicine. Blessings Francine.
Hi Parsley, the idea of the book came from http://needleworkmastersmonthlysal.blogspot.ie/ where each month we add two peices of work. I just personalised that idea with the thought of hiding memories and souvenairs of the year to come for my family should my illness come back. It is great fun and I am sooo excited waitng for 2013 lol. It is going to be a good year!
Hello! Just wanted to say that when I was about 8 years old, I went to the eye doctor with my mom for an exam. When it was over, the doctor went to give me my glasses but did not find them. Neither did my mom. So they are crawling around on the floor thinking they had fallen! After a few minutes of that, I scratched my head, and voila! There they were! So--scratch that off the 'old' list--it happens for ALL ages! ha!
LOL and BOL! Those were very funny! Thankfully I have not really dealt with those yet but Suka is starting to deal with some of those so he gets the humor, too. :->
K and Suka
lol
Hee hee - yes I can go with some of those :) I just don't think there is a 'old' we are all just proud of our age :)
okay stop! i plead dementia on all of the above
Parsley,
These are priceless. I am guilty of losing my reading specs a dozen times a day!
Your Friend,
Deborah
FairfieldHouseNJ.com
I can relate to (too many) of these!!!
...specially the getting off the couch and eating pills for breakfast ones...
Post a Comment