Monday, October 22, 2012

A Very TERRIFYING Party (or Hilarious)

This weekend we hosted a girls' night OUT. We invited some of my daughter's friends and their moms to a night time party around the campfire with snacks, hotdogs, marshmallows,  hot cocoa and coffee.

We told the girls to dress strangely or in costume if they wanted.  We had a rabbit, 2 trolls, a football player, a Diva, a redneck, and a few others. My daughter had me dress up too. I was given a rockin' mustache so I decided to be GI JOE with a plastic pellet gun. Don't I look ready to fight? LOL!


We set up a television for movies OUTside! We watched the old Twilight Zone movies while passing around candy.

The girls also went on a DARE TO SCARE walk in the woods. They were given ONE flashlight. They had 3 dares along the path and along the way they were supposed to collect 12 notes. The messages said things like 'He's behind you', 'Fear, its what's for dinner'.

One dare had them explore an area where they found THIS...


Yes they screamed bloody terror! HAHAHA! Beneath the body they had a reward for taking the dare..extra flashlights and the next dares.

My husband put some overalls and a glowing pumpkin head on a stand out in the field. I think that was more funny than scary but they DID scream when they walked around the barn to hear my husband's voice from above. He was a good spook!

It was a great time with great people. One girl said it was terrifying and another said hilarious. I think both summed it up. Fun memories were made and we enjoyed helping make that happen.
___

Stitchy post tomorrow...WHOO HOO!

24 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Love the GI Joe look! :-) Sounds like a fun night!

Anonymous said...

This looks like SO much fun! Yay for you for helping to make a night of memories for everyone.

Anonymous said...

I would have been crying in the dark on the wooded path! Too scary for me!!! Glad you had a blast, I bet everyone looked great in their costumes!

Unknown said...

That sounds brilliant. I'd love a spook hunt! Have a lovely Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Furry Bottoms said...

Looks like a great party! The walk in the woods was a great idea!! :)

Furry Bottoms said...

Oh, and you totally rock that mustache!

Cole said...

Sounds like a fun night!!

Beth said...

This sounds like so much fun!!

Denise said...

Wish I could have been there, lol

Nancy said...

Boy, that really sounds like fun! Glad everyone had a great time!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh that is too funny
Benny & Lily

stellaroselong said...

We would have peed our pants...sammer for sure...mom said making memories with your kids are great!!!! She said when her girls were teenmonsters they had a 4-H Halloween party and they still talk about it years later!
have a great day
stella rose

cucki said...

aww sound like a fun night xxx

Bernadett said...

You are a marvelous GI JOE.:)

How Sam Sees It said...

How fun! Love your GI Joe costume!

Sam

Emma/Itzy said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

You went as a proud, God fearing, gun owning, hard working, tax paying American! :D heeheehee
Sounds like everyone had a fun time.
Your Friend,
Deborah
FairfieldHouseNJ.com

Primitive Stars said...

Hi parsley...to much fun...you look grrreat!!!!! That is some old fashioned fun...Blessings Francine.

Nellie B said...

That sounds like so much fun. I would love to do that with my boys but the oldest is to "cool" to do things like that any more. But I've got memories of when he was younger and in costume, I'll bring the photos out at his 21st Birthday and embarrass him ;^)
I love any excuse to dress up, love your costume!!!


Kim said...

Oh, so much fun! What a great idea. About an hours drive from me they have a fall corn maze. This week and next they do a night time spooky maze. I've always wanted to go but I'm too scared. Lol

Love Of Quilts said...

Sounds a little scary to me. I bet it was fun too.

Astrids dragon said...

I LOVE it! What a fun, memorable evening for all!

Chris said...

looks so fun!
So, since you were GI Joe did you get to drive the Deuce as part of your costume?

Annesphamily said...

GI Joe should have had their hubby dress up like Barbie! LOL!
I think your girls night out was a total blast!
Such fun!