RE my last post: Just to clear things up, DMC flosses are made in France, not China. Perhaps that is more impressive than me supporting a business that holds to ideals I appreciate.
The real issues are not what I buy or where I shop but rather that the Spirit frustrates. Mockery of others who express themselves or think differently is a form of intolerance. When speech has no redemptive quality other than to wag the tongue of the frustrated, it becomes hate.
Giveaway: Don't forget to enter my POOPY pattern giveaway (link found here). I can't wait to see if the 'curse' continues in it's new home. By the way, I came home from town yesterday and there was a poop by the door. :)
Flu: I think we've all seen reports that this is a terrible season for the respiratory flu. The flu and a cold are similar but different in that the flu comes on quickly and with a high fever, body aches, and a lingering cough.
Yesterday I felt a tickle in my throat and my nose began running. I took Airborne which has extra vitamins and echinacea to support the immune system. Today I feel good, though a little tired. I've also tried Zicam in the past for head colds but I prefer Airborne. (I recommend the Lemon-lime flavored effervescent tablets.)
I also keep Oscillococcinum on hand for flu. It is homeopathic.
I think juice with vitamin C or C supplements are a good choice too.
Won't you please share your 'remedies' for colds and flu in the comment section below?
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I know Oscillococcinum, I used to take it when I was living in France. Sadly in UK I don't think they know it! When pourly I always use my stock of French Efferalgan (effervescent paracetamol) - I know, I have this thing with tablet & can't seem to swallow them :D - I find GPs in UK quite scrooge with tablets. They always send you back home with Ibuprofen!! Whereas in France, if you have a cold or the flu, you visit your doctor & you come home with a carrier bag full of medicines!! I guess each country have their own rules, so as I live in UK I have learn to respect them :) Have a lovely day & hope you won't catch a cold/flu, Mii x
For a sore throat , cardamon pods crushed in hot water with honey, sinus ginger and pepper corns and honey in hot water and for flu lemon and whisky in again hot water. That is what my peeps says. I on the other-paw recommend meat, meat and more meat and avoid anything green. A good squiggle chase also blows the cobwebs away. Stay warm and take it easy.
Best wishes Molly
I think these are the best remedies you can get over the counter. Oprah loves the Airborne. I went to our doctor and he gave me a prescription for Tamiflu to keep on hand. It does not just make you feel better, it attacks the flu and kills it. We love Cold Eazz too. The lozenges. We have stopped many bad colds right in their tracks.
Parsley,
Carrot juice breaks up mucus. Good old fashioned chicken soup [aka Jewish penicillin} works wonders. Also, vitamin D does more to support the immune system than other vitamins. I hope you feel better soon.
Your Friend,
Deborah
FairfieldHouseNJ.com
PS I love your second paragraph.
I hope you are feeling better soon!!
Hot tea with honey soothes a sore throat and loosens mucus.
A spoonful of honey and boiling water soothes the throat. I always find that best.
I just had a good friend who died yesterday with what began as bronchitis and then turned into pneumonia. She had congestive heart failure, and her body just couldn't recover from the pneumonia.
I hope that this bout of illnesses will soon be gone. It seems to be prevalent across the U.S.
J.
My sister is an herbalist and healer... Her flu formula and defender formulas are flying out the door! I have been healthy and STAYing healthy!!
Ugh, I got the flu last year even though I got the flu shot. I rushed into CareNow because I had really weird symptoms (vomiting and a rash) and I tested positive for the flu so I got Tamiflu, which is really expensive even with insurance but I felt better very quickly. So I encourage anyone who starts getting flu symptoms or has a family member with flu symptoms to go to the doctor because Tamiflu can be used to prevent the flu if you are in contact with someone who has it. I was skeptical...until I actually took it.
Post a Comment