Sunday, March 10, 2013

Winner and Dog Curtains

I drew a name for the Colonial Homes chart and it's 'Simply Victoria'! Congrats! Please email me your address and I'll get it out to you right away.

I tell people "I can't sew.", BUT somehow I stitched together some very CROOKED lines to make some dog curtains for my pet sitting room.

You can see from the surrounding white walls that the room needed color. In fact, I don't really have curtains or art in my house. I've hung some pics of my daughter and a few cross stitch but my home decor is non-existing. Maybe I need to get a painting from Gaynor ;-)

Any way...nothing ventured, nothing gained. I did it! My OCD/perfectionist hubby didn't criticize my lack of skill. He got out his level and tools and hung my curtains. If they look crooked he will know it was MY doing and not his.



17 comments:

Beth said...

The curtains look fine. They are really cute!

Anonymous said...

Like your curtain/valances, Parsley! What a sweet print!

Congratulations to the winner of your giveaway!

Robin in Virginia

Simply Victoria said...

Oh, thank you so much for the giveaway! I am excited about my first win. I will email you my info. Your curtains look good.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Really really cute!
Benny & Lily

Unknown said...

They look cute and we love the fabric. Hope you had an easy Sunday. Have a marvelous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Gracie said...

Great fabric for your lovely curtains....

Julie said...

They looks great, well done.

stellaroselong said...

Oh parsley we love your curtains alot, my mom says if she can't use staples or hot glue then that project stays in the closet...glad you are more adaptable!!!
stella rose and maggie

Vickie said...

You did it! Great job. Great choice.

Sharon said...

I love the curtains!! What could be better than the faces of precious doggies??

And it looks like the efforts of one stitching wife and one OCD husband resulted in an adorable touch to that room!

Good job!

GOD BLESS!

Furry Bottoms said...

I love it!! :) I can't sew either, BUT... somehow... during college I managed to make a couch cushion cover, curtains and valances to match. I will have to look for pictures of those. I never sewed again after that! Except for cross stitchin.

Furry Bottoms said...

and we need to work on that non-decoration issue. I'll be looking around!!!

Denise said...

Congrats to the winner. Nice curtains.

Anne said...

Cute!! Love the pugs in this fabby!!

Fairfield House said...

Parsley,
Good job!!!
Your Friend,
Deborah

Astrids dragon said...

Cute, nice job! I don't sew either, but I can make a duvet cover and pillowcase. Haven't tried curtains yet, you're brave!

Annesphamily said...

Oh the curtains are very sweet! :-)