Friday, May 31, 2013

Help for Oklahoma Storm Victims

Our state has been hit again by tornadoes. I just thought I'd share this link in case anyone wants to send assistance to a reliable source. This organization puts 100% of it's funds toward helping the people. There are no paid positions or administrative costs.

My husband and I have donated but we are also going to receive training to be volunteers to work along side them in future during disaster relief situations.

http://www.bgco.org/

10 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Thanks for the link, Parsley. Our thoughts and prayers here in Australia are all with the tornado victims.

Unknown said...

Oh no we hope you are all OK. Training sounds a great idea. We are thinking of you. Stay safe.
Best wishes Molly

Anonymous said...

I heard about this last night. We are praying for your neighbors. It is such a beautiful thing that you are going to be going through that training. We hope you NEVER have to use it.

Heather said...

Oh, Parsley, I am so sorry with the scare and loss you are experiencing. My sister lives in OKC, so we have been watching the weather and been in contact with her a lot. She is emotionally drained from the destruction and also the constant fear when the tornado warnings go up. I am praying for all of you! I know Brenda from The Rusty Thimble lives in OK too. We all need to keep tabs on you guys to know you are safe. Thank you for posting this information! You are in my prayers, dear! Love and hugs to you...

Beth said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Penny said...

Thank you for the link, Parsley. You and your husband are doing a wonderful thing! Praying that you stay safe.

Fairfield House said...

Parsley,
Thank you for sharing this link. I will be making a contribution and passing the link on to others.
Stay safe my friend.
Deborah

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing.

Robin in Virginia said...

Lifting the people of Oklahoma up in prayer. Thank you for sharing the link regarding donations, Parsley.

Thinking of you and please stay safe!

Robin in Virginia

Intense Guy said...

The ol' spare change jar is filling up again....