Sunday, November 17, 2013

Choking Baby

I will be back in blogland soon. I've been taking Nurse Aide classes and have my state certification testing this week. I have some things to share about my experiences (not all good) but for now I'd like to share something wonderful...

This weekend my husband saved a baby's life! (He has first aide training as a first responder for a volunteer fire dept.) An 8-10 month old was choking in the store. The mother was desperately trying to swipe the baby's mouth and took her out of the shopping cart and was patting her back. 

When the baby stopped breathing she looked at my husband, who was already on the move, and said "HELP!".  He put the baby on his arm with her head DOWN and did back strikes. This dislodged a plastic bottle ring and PRAISE GOD that sweet baby started breathing and crying!

I believe with all my heart that our being there was a 'divine appointment'.  Circumstances changed and caused us to be there at that moment in time. I believe God had him there, at that time, for a reason. I get all goose-pimply every time I think about it.
:-)

23 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

WOW!!! That is so wonderful, Kudo's to Hubby...Blessings Francine.

Robin in Virginia said...

I also believe that you were there at that time for God's purpose. My goodness the outcome could have been much different if your husband wasn't there.

Robin in Virginia

Vicky L said...

Oh wow! So lucky your husband was there. That mother is never forget him or you for saving her baby. He is a hero!

Simply Victoria said...

Awesome for your husband to be used like that! Blessings on your test.

Pam in IL said...

I truly believe God puts us where he wants us. I'm thanking God for putting your husband in the right place at the right moment to help that baby.

Good luck on the test!

Jackie said...

Thank you to God that he was there to be able to save that baby. I know that the Mother of the infant will be forever grateful. What a tremendous testimony....

Wendy S. said...

Just amazing! A miracle! =)

Annette-California said...

Praise be to God and your husband is a HERO and an Angel!!! WOW! I got chills reading your post. You must be so proud of him.
love Annette

Unknown said...

We are goose pimply just reading about it. Awesome, See you when we see you and good luck finishing your course.
Have a marvellous Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Chris said...

So glad that he was there!

Julie said...

I was only thinking about you this morning and here is a post about a wonderful thing, well done hubby!

Good luck with your tests this week {{big hug}}x

Trace4J said...

How amazing.
Your hubby is a hero for sure.
Thank you GOD!
Woolie Blessings

Vickie said...

Oh goodness! I have goose bumps and teary eyes. Thank God! Thanks to your husband also.

stellaroselong said...

We also got all goose bumpy...tell your husband thank you from us for doing that...give him a big ole hug!!
stella rose

Friendship Crossing said...

I totally believe in Divine Appointments!! That is so awesome and it's so neat that he got to use the knowledge from his training! How cool!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Sharon said...

Oh my! What a story! I can only imagine the mother's great relief, and your husband's joy at being at the right place at the right time.

Praying that your certification tests go well - I have a feeling that you're going to pass with flying colors!

GOD BLESS!

Valma said...

what a story ! so great your husband was at the right place at the right moment !!
good luck for your certification tests
Crossing fingers for you
xxx

Intense Guy said...

You live with a real live hero!

I hope the nurse training is going smoothly!

Catherine said...

I can only imagine all the feelings at that moment ~ thank God your husband was there!

Melissa said...

HOLY COW! It was very lucky your husband was around. Officially a hero!

Anonymous said...

Devine intervention indeed!
Kudos to your husband and Praise God.
Your Friend,
Deborah
FairfieldHouseNJ.com

Meari said...

Kudos to your DH.

When I was a teenager, I was babysitting an infant. The mother had apple slices prepared and said I could give them to the baby. He choked and I had to do the same thing. Back strikes. Thank goodness, my school had us go through CPR and first aid training.

Anonymous said...

A choking baby, one of the biggest fears of my life, praise God your husband was there! And thank him from me for his service to others...