Dear Bloggy,
I rarely get comments on my blog. Why?
Signed,
Sad and Lonely
____
Dear Sad and Lonely,
Much like any project, you reap what you sow. Meaning, if you visit and comment, THEY will visit and comment. It's a two way street.
Don't feel 'sad and lonely' because comments are not left. People may read and run because they are busy. If you feel you aren't really connecting with a particular blogger, step back and find other bloggers you CAN connect with. Just keep in mind that a blog connection will be limited to the amount of time bloggers can spare.
Chin-up,
Bloggy
____
Do you have any advice for 'Sad and Lonely'?
Do you or your pets want to submit a question, problem, or thought to 'Dear Bloggy' or to 'Dear Labby' (for dogs)? Email them ruparanoid2 at yahoo dot com
Warning: Answers could be silly and/or stupid.
Friday, June 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
26 comments:
It is good advice what you gave sad and lonely! I love an advice column. I will drum up some thoughts on this!
Brilliant rofl xxx
That's some good advice you gave there! We'll have to think
Benny & Lily
Dear Sad and Lonely:
Sending you a ray of sunshine to cute through your blues! Here's a ((hugs)), too. .
Now get those fingers moving doing something crafty, and before you know it the Sad and Lonely will become Happy and Content. :)
Blessings to you always :)
Dear Sad and Lonely, it's because you have a stupid word verifier thingie that is difficult to read on an iPad or phone, won't work on certain browsers and takes several days to reload each screen on slow Internet connections.
Just remove the option to post as Anonymous and your spam will vanish while your less high tech followers can comment with ease.
A sure fire way of getting comments is to ask your followers' opinions on something. Sure you will get 20 different answers and it will not help you make your mind up at all (some will suggest things which weren't even one of the original options!) but at least they are commenting.
Best wishes
Aunty Agony
Jo...BRILLIANT!!!! YEEES! No word thigies. Evil I say..pure evil ;-)
This is awesome!!!
You're so funny :) Good advice. But I hope you and I are still connecting!
Yes, of course. This is just a topic I've seen around so I'm starting here and waiting to see if others join in.
Very good advice. I never deliberately ignore my bloggy friends, but sometimes 'the days are just packed,' as Calvin said. (that would be Calvin & Hobbs, not John Calvin, btw.) :-)
I think your advice was right on!
Your so funny. I really love reading your blog.
Linda
If I had a pet, I would for SURE submit a question to "Dear Labby. " Too cute!!!
Funny post! I agree with your advice. :)
That made us smile. You should make it a regular feature. Have a super Saturday.
Best wishes Molly
Very good advice - lets hope the blogs I enjoy and reply to read too - oh to have a few more comments :-)
Dear Sad and Lonely, I love you, and your blog.
Great advice! And its something that Im trying to get better at :)
Dear sad & lonely, you're not alone, we all love you!!! xxx
Dear sad and lonely...I agree with Jo and I would like to add that some people have recently set their blogs in such a way that commenters are required to set up a google plus profile...this is also a deterrent for commenting!
Wordpress blogs now require a Wordpress account to be able to comment, and when they are a no-reply blogger to your blog you can't get in touch if they don't have am 'email' me' button on their blog.... That's this weeks problem for me on a couple I usually comment on.
That's hilarious!! And so true!! I'm in agreement with Jo and think it would be a great "Dear Blogger"!
I agree with Bloggy. I'd like to add that we only see a very small {edited} version of most bloggers' and readers lives. Who knows what is happening on the other side of the screen -- they may be ill, working 2 jobs, caring for a dozen dogs ... (yes I am smiling!)
I have learned that if you have something to say and connect with people they are reading your words and will return. I never comment on blogs to drive traffic to mine or get a comment in return because I've witnessed most times those people don't read your words and are using canned, generic comments.
Your Friend,
Deborah
I totally agree!
Perfect advice!!!
Oh yes, my kitties will agree - you love me, I'll love you!
And yes, take away the verify junk and just moderate your comments = so much easier!
Post a Comment