My daughter is a cashier at a local grocery store.
It's a hot and humid summer here in the South. A big-chested lady reached into her bra to grab cash to pay for her items. She proceeded to pay with damp, limp, 'sweaty boob cash'.
It just struck me funny that someone wouldn't even think that was yucky.
What would you have done as the cashier?
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
26 comments:
I am cleaning up my monitor, Parsley. My water just got spewed over the sweaty boob cash comment. Oh my!
Robin in Virginia
I've been that cashier on a few occasions. Isn't that nasty? I put that filthy cash on the bottom of the stack so it has a chance to dry out before I have to touch it again. Thankfully, I work at a gas station so I can zip away and wash my hands any time I want. Which is often...people can be so gross!
I think worse than that though are those that use the toilet and don't wash their hands. I can hear if they use the sink & paper towel dispenser. You wouldn't believe how many people go "big time" and don't wash after. Com'on you just wiped your butt and now you're handing me money ~ ewwww!
eee!!!! That is yucky!!! I mean I know you have to accept the money but I think I would have gotten two plastic bags to hold onto the money and set it aside till later and use gloves or something...I think I may have told her....sweat is a bodily fluid which can spread germs...handling money period spreads germs!!!! You poor daughter...
OK, I am laughing (in a completely sympathetic way) at your daughter's plight. But the comments are pretty funny, too!
If I'd been the cashier - man, I don't know what I would have done! Maybe what Carla said, getting a couple plastic bags or something. Or depending on how much her order cost, offered to pay?!?Maybe I would have said something to the supermarket manager so he (or she) could keep abreast of the situation. I know...I'm sorry...groan.
Sweaty boob cash - hands down, the best blog post title I have ever heard...
XO
(Maybe suggest to your daughter that she keeps a hair dryer next to the register...)
Yuck!
You know, I cashiered for years at K-Mart and never had that issue. Hand sanitizer always when handling money.
Money is money, BOL. Yuk
Snorts,
Lily & Edward
'Um, excuse me, ma'am, do you have any less-sweaty cash? Maybe that you've kept in your PURSE!' Hahaha!
Bless her heart...there's definitely no glamour in being a cashier. I see a lot of cashiers in area Walmarts wearing disposable gloves.
Oh no :)
ohmygod! Seriously??? Some people are really not embarrassed!! I know that as soon as you touch cash, it will be disgusting. Some of them notes have been around a lot... better have the hand sanitiser at proximity!
EEWwwwwww... that's awful.
I guess she could only smile, take the cash and wish the lady a nice day, then put the money under the pile in the cash register and hope she didn't have to give it out in change.
I am a cashier in Arkansas and it does get very hot here, and we get the boob cash and the sweaty sock cash. We have to take the money, but I let them see me using hand sanitizer. I don't know how people can be so rude and not have consideration for others
Well...I used to work in a friend's booth at the Renaissance Faire during summer...so I was handed lots of "sweaty boob cash." LOL Usually I smiled and just tucked it down into my own bodice! But then, Rennies are kind of an odd/gross bunch. ;D
At least it didn't come out of the pocket of a mentally challenged person who had just peed his pants :-) (yes, that did happen to me!)
Sorry but I enjoyed the LOL and the extra LOLs reading the comments. My great grandma did this all the time. I always wondered what all she kept in there haha. I guess I figure I get enough germs from everything else it would just blend in with them.
Got to agree with all the others here.....use the hand sanitizer in the presence of the person so they get the message! I complained to the manager at a McDonalds last year because the person in front of me in line sat her baby (ho was only wearing a diaper and nothing else) on the counter while she fumbled in her purse to pay and pick up her food. I wanted the manager to inform his cashiers that is not acceptable. Food is being served here people, geez!!!
Actually,I find that quite disgusting...yucky for sure, LOL!!
I tried finding a pic that I saw on the net the other day. It was something along the lines of "Cash will not be accepted from boobs or socks. It's hot outside and we don't want that" I had a good laugh at the time. My Grandma always kept her money in her bra, but she claimed she doesn't sweat!
Your poor daughter, heehee I would have handled that by taking the money with only my fingertips or even just my fingernails and put it in the bottom of the pile.
But you've GOT to be nice to customers, darn it!
ROFL!L!L!!!! I am laughing too hard to type!! Some people's quirks are just too funny!
I have found your Blog...I just love your Blog. All of the photos, everything that is in your Side Bars.....wow.
Your poor daughter - all bandaged up like that but at least it wasn't worse. Thank Goodness for that.
I am now a follower of your Blog and I would like for you to be a follower of my blog as well.
Here is the link:
http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com
Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad
My son works in a grocery store and apparently sweaty boob cash isn't as uncommon as you would like to think. :) I'm sure the look on my face would have let her know how I felt about her sweaty cash. Your poor daughter. :)
Just have that LARGE bottle of hand sanitizer nearby!!! Nasty btw!
Soooo grossss!
I think I would of handled it with two fingers like you do when you pick up something icky with a bit of a face and say "ummm thanks...."
I know understated sarcasm is rarely picked up on by most.
Some people just don't get hygine! On Friday I asked a lady at the gym who was on the machines right before me if next time she could please wipe down the machine after she's used it. I got a bit of a nasty look and a "I might consider it" back. OMG I don't want to sit in your ass sweat after you've been on the machine, that's how you get Staf infections lady! Ewww.
Some people are just gross!
I think I would have made a show of putting on some latex gloves before taking the money!
:) Ugh, paper money is filthy anyway - all sorts of "stuff" on and in it.
Oh my gosh! I laughed so loud at reading this that I scared my husband! He got a good chuckle out of it too! =)
Post a Comment